The dog days of summer are upon us and this means that people are on the move and traveling on the busy highways throughout Reading, Berks County, the State of Pennsylvania and the entire country. Families are heading to the beach and to the mountains, near and far. Traffic can be heavy and the heat can quickly become unbearable. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., want to help by sharing vital safety tips about driving in the summer from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The following safety list of recommendations is provided by the NHTSA to prevent breakdowns, crashes and other hazards when driving during the summer:
- Keeps children safe by never leaving a child alone in a car, not even for a few minutes, since cars can quickly heat up and subject a child to heat stroke or death.
- Check behind your vehicle before backing up to make sure there are no children present.
- Check for recalls at NHTSA.gov/Recalls.
- Get your car serviced.
- Review the manual of your vehicle to make sure that you are familiar with the car’s features.
- Plan your route ahead of time and check for road and weather conditions.
- Always wear your seatbelt and make sure that children are properly buckled in an approved car seat or booster seat.
- While on the road driving stay alert and avoid risky driving behaviors such as texting or driving after having consumed alcoholic beverages.
- Make sure that the tires on your auto are properly inflated and have a safe tread depth.
- Use a vehicle safety list to check for the following before going on a road trip:
- Cooling System
- Fluid levels
- Belts and hoses
- Wiper blades
- Air conditioning
- Floor mats
The auto, truck and motorcycle accident injury attorneys at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., are concerned for the safety of all automobile drivers and passengers throughout Pennsylvania and serve motor vehicle accident victims and their families in Reading, Berks County, and Pottsville, Schuylkill County. The personal injury lawyers at the firm handle cases in courts throughout Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia. The firm also handles workers’ compensation in Pottsville, medical malpractice and nursing home neglect cases. To schedule your consultation, call us at 610-370-6682 or complete the contact form available on our site.
From the desk of Adam K. Levin, Esquire