Summer road trips are in full swing. Families are heading to the beach and mountains, near and far. When traveling during the summer, drivers have to contend with heavy traffic and the heat. The combination can be taxing. The personal injury lawyers at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., wish to share important safety information about summertime driving from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The following is a list of safe practices recommended by NHSTA when driving during the Summer:
- Check for Recalls at www.nhsta.gov/recalls
- Get Your Car Serviced
- Utilize a Vehicle Safety checklist to Check for the Following Before Going on a Road Trip, Including:
- Air conditioning
- Cooling system
- Fluid levels (oil, brake, transmission, power steering and windshield washer fluid)
- Belts and hoses
- Wiper blades
- Floor mats (properly sized and correctly installed)
- Tires (proper pressure, tread wear, and a spare)
- Emergency Roadside Kit (to include, among other things, a cell phone charger, first aid kit, flashlight, and water)
The NHTSA emphasizes that safety comes first and reminds us the absolute and most important safety practice for all occupants of motor vehicles is to buckle up by using a seat belt. They also recommend ensuring that children are correctly and securely restrained in their car seat or booster seat in the rear of the car.
The auto and truck accident injury attorneys at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., are concerned for the safety of all automobile drivers and passengers throughout Pennsylvania and serve motor vehicle accident victims and their families in Reading, Pottsville, Berks County, and Schuylkill County. The lawyers at the firm handle cases in courts throughout Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia. To schedule a consultation, call us at 610-370-6682 or fill out a contact form on our website.