School is back in session. Fall has arrived, and the leaves are beginning to change color. It’s perfect walking weather. Walking is a healthy form of transportation, and everyone is a pedestrian at some point during the day. People walk for various reasons, including exercise, pleasure, and to walk to work or a neighbor’s house.
Oftentimes, it will be necessary to walk to your car, which may be parked on a city street, at a suburban shopping mall, or on a rural road. This takes place every day throughout Reading and Berks County and Pottsville, and Schuylkill County. The experienced auto accident and personal injury attorneys at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., want to increase awareness concerning pedestrian safety and help by sharing important information with motor vehicle drivers from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on how to keep pedestrians safe.
The NHTSA provides the following list of safety recommendations to car, truck, bus, and motorcycle drivers to help keep pedestrians safe:
- First and foremost, drivers should be on the lookout for pedestrians every time they get behind the wheel.
- Keep in mind that children, tweens, and teens can be unpredictable when walking and tend to walk slower.
- Be particularly vigilant near schools, parks, playgrounds, and in residential areas.
- Obey speed limits. High speeds can kill, and slower speeds save lives.
- Make good and proper use of Driver Assistance Technologies like pedestrian automatic emergency braking and rear backup cameras and ensure that they are in good working order.
The car accident lawyers in Berks County, PA, at Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C., are concerned for the safety of pedestrians and the motoring public throughout Berks County and Schuylkill County. They serve auto, truck, and motorcycle accident victims and their families in Reading, PA, Pottsville, PA, and throughout Eastern and Central Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia. The lawyers there handle injury claims, including claims for severe injuries and death caused by the negligence of other vehicle operators, and their worker’s compensation attorneys in Reading, PA, can help if you’ve been injured on the job. Contact Liever, Hyman & Potter, P.C. today for professional and caring legal representation.